The Holy Trinity (Agia Triada), at the highest point of the castle, was a small convent church. It was demolished in the 1956 earthquake and restored thanks to the efforts of Mrs. Liza Patiniotou - Marinou, president of the Association of Pyrgos Residents that gathered the ecclesiastic and religious relics on the island after the earthquake. In 1997, with the important contributions and help of the Pyrgos community, the exhibition of this collection began. The collection includes icons by Cretan and local artists, wood carvings and metalwork, ceramics, ecclesiastical embroideries, and other items for ecclesiastic use, mostly from the 17th and 18th centuries, a time of prosperity and economic affluence in Pyrgos. The ticket to the museum is included in the single, economical ticket for visits to the archaeological sites of the island.
|Altitude (in meters)||:||360|
_THIRA (PIRGOS), _PIRGOS THIRAS, _PIRGOS THIRAS, 84700, |
|Duration of Visit||:||45 minutes|