The stone lighthouse located on the cape was built in 1901. It is 12 meters tall, and it is situated 65 meters above the sea. There is an old stone path leading from the lighthouse to the sea southwest of it, where its sea access used to be. We can reach the lighthouse and Cape Spathi in 50 to 60 minutes via a quite passable 3,200 meter path that starts at Rammos. It descends to the beautiful Alevrakia Beach, ascends to meet the dirt road that leads to Stamata Bay, and finally heads south for about 900 meters to the lighthouse. A second alternative (aside from the sea route) is to drive along the dirt road from Rammos to the islands garbage dump, and turn left approximately 700 meters before the end of the road. At this point, a rough dirt road (requiring a 4x4) begins heading south, and in 900 meters it ends right at the lighthouse.
Construction // Lighthouse
Cape Spathi - Lighthouse
|Altitude (in meters)||:||66|
|Suitable for||:||Young people|
|Access||:||Dirt road |
|Duration of Visit||:||1 hour 30 minutes|