The two story building that houses the Psara Town Hall and the Citizens' Service Center (KEP). The community of Psara has been recognized as an honorary municipality since 1985. The three Greek islands that were leaders in the sea battles of the National Independence War--Hydra, Spetses and Psara--were given the right to immediate representation by 3, 2, and 2 members of Parliament respectively, according to the decision of the 1st National Assembly of Athens, after the revolution led by Dimitrios Kallergis on September 3, 1843. However, since Psara was still under Ottoman rule, this right was given to the refugees from Psara who had founded a new Psara in Eretria, Evia after the destruction of most of what was on their island. This right was extended to the old Psarians after their liberation in 1912 and it ceased to apply to all the islands in 1935.
Point of service // City Hall
Town Hall of Psara
|Altitude (in meters)||:||10|
_Psara, _Psara, Vorio Egeo, _Psara, 18010, |
Similar: Points of service