The beautiful Kokkinopoulo Lighthouse of Psara at the southeastern edge of the island, at the cape of Agios Georgios. The dirt road leading to it was recently opened. Before that, the only access was via an uphill path that started from the road leading to Fanari Beach. The lighthouse was built in 1909 by the French Company of Ottoman Lighthouses, while the island was still under Turkish occupation. It had a focal plane of 78 meters and a beacon range of up to 25 nautical miles. Its circular tower is 14.5 meters high.
Construction // Lighthouse
Kokkinopoulo Lighthouse of Psara
|Altitude (in meters)||:||77|
|Duration of Visit||:||45 minutes|
Old Greek National Tourism Organization ComplexCHIOS, PSARA, Municipal Division