It was here that the Parliament of Psara was housed in pre-revolutionary years, and here, in Dimogerontias Square, the Parliament assembled. After the destruction of the island in 1824, and during its occupation by the Ottomans (until 1912), this complex was not used. After the island’s liberation, it was repaired and used as a Gendarmerie station. Starting with the German occupation, the building was again unused until 1978. Then, in collaboration with the Greek National Tourism Organization, it was restored and transformed into a guesthouse. It was used as a guesthouse from 1980 to 2004. Recently, there has been an attempt to reopen it.
Cultural Attraction // Historical Site
|Altitude (in meters)||:||22|
|Chronological Period||:||War of Independence | Ottoman Period|
|Duration of Visit||:||40 minutes|
Similar: Cultural Attractions