The parish church of the Virgin Mary of the Standing Hymn or the Virgin Mary Wading (Panagia tu Akathistu Ymnu or Panagia Platsani) was built in the center of Oia in 1965 after the catastrophic earthquake of 1956. According to the oldest townspeople, a fisherman found an icon of the Virgin Mary in the sea, which was called "Platsani," from the Greek word for "wade," because it waded in the water.
Religious Site // Church
Virgin Mary of the Standing Hymn
|Altitude (in meters)||:||144|