The Cathedral in Areopoli is the church of the Archangels (Taxiarchon) in the town's second (lower) square. It was here that the signal was given to start the Greek Revolution against the occupying Turks on March 17, 1821. The church has an outstanding carved altar screen with impressive adornments.
Religious Site // Church
|Altitude (in meters)||:||251|
|Chronological Period||:||War of Independence|
|Duration of Visit||:||20 minutes|