The Orphanage was built in 1828-29 in order to care for the orphans of the Greek Revolution. It functioned until 1834. From 1880 and for nearly 100 years it operated as a jail for civil and criminal prisonners. It housed the EKPAZ until 1989.
Construction // Traditional Construction
Old Jails - Orphanage
|Altitude (in meters)||:||30|
|Chronological Period||:||Modern Greece|
|Duration of Visit||:||15 minutes|