Three kilometers south of Dimitsana on the eastern bank of the Lousios River, we will find the historic village of Paleochori. We can also reach the village via an old cobbled path that starts in Dimitsana.
After entering the village, but before the central church of the Holy Apostles, we turn right and descend 300 meters to the church of the Saints Anargyri, with the historical aged plane tree. Under this tree, the people of Paleochori decided to participate in the Orlov Revolt in 1770, and the Kolokotronians gave instructions for the uprising of 1821. The church was built in 1995 on the site of the ruins of the old church of the same name, which was completely destroyed during the Orlov Revolt.
At the little church of the Saints Anargyri, a half-blocked path begins. After a 20 minute walk covering about 700 meters, the path will lead us to the gorge of the Lousios River and the impressive Kontos Bridge (1864), with its (dilapidated) hydropower facilities.
The beginning of the path is nearly inaccessible, mainly because it is blocked by thorny bushes, branches, and weeds. However, as soon as we get to the river, the view will make up for that. Abundant water, natural beauty, ponds, and of course the lovely stone Kontos Bridge create a gorgeous landscape in the ultimate tranquility of nature.
The links that refer to the Tourist Object and the basic texts of third-party sources about Arcadia for Exploring Greece