The former cathedral of Prastos, built in 1762 in honor of the Virgin Mary (Panagia) below the cliff with the castle. It was set on fire in 1826 by Ibrahim, along with the rest of the village (which then declined). Today, only the four walls of the cathedral have survived.
Religious Site // Church
Church of the Virgin Mary
|Altitude (in meters)||:||742|
|Chronological Period||:||War of Independence|
|Duration of Visit||:||15 minutes|
Similar: Religious Sites
ARKADIA, NORTH KINURIA, Municipal Division