In the Plaka area, and at Thermi Beach (reached by a path from the church of Saint Eustathios), there is a hot spring which contains 16 trace elements with therapeutic properties. The spring in Plaka has been privately owned since 1816, and the first rooms for hosting visiting bathers were built in 1916, reaching a total of twenty. A bathroom was built where the spring is, in a separate little house to the left of the eight consecutive vaulted rooms, which was used by each bather for 45 minutes. Then the water was emptied (before the next visitor). The water in the bath replenished itself. The baths were closed in 1980 when it was felt that their structure did not meet safety requirements, given the risk of landslides in the caldera.
Activity // Therapeutic Baths (Spas)
Thermal Baths of Plaka
|Altitude (in meters)||:||0|