How to Get There
1. From Piraeus (Gate E8) by hydrofoil (“flying dolphins”) and highspeed boats (journey time 1.5 hours).
2. By road from Athens: you can drive 2 1/2 hours from Athens toward Epidaurus. En route, follow the signs for Poros or Spetses. This brings you to Metochi, the closest point to Hydra on the Peloponnese peninsula, where you can leave your car in a parking lot and cross to Hydra. You can cross from Metochi to Hydra and vice versa in 25 minutes, with trips offered every day on FREEDOM boats I, II, and III and on METOXI EXPRESS for 6.50 € per person. For timetable information call 6944242141 or 6947325263 or see their website: www.hydralines.gr.
3. From Spetses, Poros, Porto Heli, Ermioni.
More information on schedules and reservations at www.digitickets.gr.
Getting Around the Island
Since private cars are not allowed to drive on the island, transportation is via water taxis and a traditional method very popular in Hydra: donkeys.
Useful Phone Numbers
1. Ferry Schedules 22980-54007
2. Regional Health Clinic 22980-52420
3. Water Taxi 22980-53690
4. Municipality 22980-52210
5. Police 22980-52205
6. Port Authority 22980-52279
7. Merchant Marine Academy 22980- 52208
8. Kouloureio Hospital 22980- 53150
9. Hydra Museum - Historical Archives 22980- 52355