The religious site of the five Holy Martyrs (Pente Osiomartyres) contains small churches and dedicatory plaques in honor of five of the Lipsi priests and monks of the Monastery of Saint John the Theologian of Patmos. According to tradition, they lived and worked on Lipsi in the 16th and 17th centuries AD, until they were murdered by pirates or Turks. Their names are Neophyte Amorginos (1558), Monk Ionas (1561), Neophyte Fazos (1609), Ionas Nisyrios (1635), and Monk Parthenios (1696).
Religious Site // Church
Five Holy Martyrs
|Altitude (in meters)||:||131|
|Time Reference||:||17th Century AD|
|Duration of Visit||:||45 minutes|
Similar: Religious Sites