The old pre-industrial winery of 1861 stopped operating in 1952, when its third owner, Nikolaos A. Argyros, founded the the Union of Santorini Cooperatives and the largest winery on the island, today called Santo Wine. In 1999, his son, Antonis N. Argyros, put his family’s old winery back into business by founding the Art Space. The premises of the old winery were restored and transformed into a museum and gallery, while the winery resumed production in a nearby cave that had been used as an old barn.
Product // Winery
Argyros Winery - Museum
|Altitude (in meters)||:||104|
|Open Periods||:|| Mon-Sun 11-19.|