Traditional metal bridge for the rack railway, about 500 meters before the Portes (Doors), descending from Kato Zachlorou. Construction of the rack railway began in 1889 (as directed by Prime Minister Charilaos Trikoupis) and was completed in 1896. It was one of the most difficult, complex technical projects of its time (and even by today's standards). The research and construction were carried out by French engineers and contractors. The toothed portion of the route covers a total of 3,400 meters. From 2003 to 2009, the tracks and trains were radically renovated.
Construction // Bridge
Rack Railway Bridge
|Altitude (in meters)||:||526|
|Duration of Visit||:||2 hours 10 minutes|