Welcome to Villa Drossia!
A beachside apartment hotel where quality and value-for-money accommodation come together. Only 3 kilometers from Gythio on the long, sandy Mavrovouni beach, this is an earthly paradise of natural beauty.
At Villa Drossia, we pamper you at affordable prices. Every year we re-invest in partial renovations at this child-friendly destination, with a new playground, outdoor gym equipment, and free bikes! The peaceful, comfortable apartments offer direct access to the beach, accommodating everyone from couples to large families. Our guests' satisfaction is our main priority.
Open from May to November
Viewing the dome of the sky, the endless blue and the waves afar, troubles shrink to the size they are….
Our guests feel like this is their “home away from home,” and we develop long-lasting friendships. You arrive as a client, but you depart as a friend, thanks to our warm hospitality.
There are special rates for long-term stays. Totally renovated in 2013.
Each apartment consists of
- living room / kitchenette and a sofa bed
- bedroom with double and single beds
- bathroom (with glass shower enclosure)
- veranda with seaview (10 square meters)
- air conditioning (cooling/heating)
- verandas with exceptional privacy
- terrace with a spectacular mountain view
- 2-burner stove, cutlery, pots, plates, toaster, boiler, coffee maker
- disabled access
- video projections (for kids and adults)
- wi-fi internet everywhere
- ipad and computer office facilities
- kids’ playground
- soccer table and table tennis
- secure parking lot
- doctor on call
- sea kayak and windsurfing
- pets allowed
- laundry service and tumble dryer (extra cost)
- library and board games
- mountain bikes for free rides
- beach chairs and umbrellas
- outdoor gym equipment
- telephone line
- satellite TV
- multi-coffee maker machine at reception (espresso, etc.)
- BBQ and baking oven for customer use
- luggage room
- maid service and linen change, twice a week
- babysitting, upon request
- bakery/supermarket just 150 meters away
We can arrange car delivery to the town of Gythio and car rental through a local agency in Gythio.
The following activities are possible:
tennis, scuba diving, sailing, horse riding, parachuting, windsurfing lessons, water skiing, biking, hiking on trekking paths, organic vegetable provision, beach volleyball, and long, leisurely beach walks to relax the mind and body.
Attractions in the Area
Gythio remains a beloved destination for visitors from around the world. A favorite of cruise ships, it is a charming fishing port with lovely, well preserved old houses and a commercial area with many shops, banks, restaurants, and a medical clinic.
The lovely Μavrovouni beach is an area lush with eucalyptus trees and cacti. The pyramid-shaped peak of Mount Taygetos rises up behind the beach.
On the beach, sea turtles lay their eggs in the sand. Volunteers help secure and mark the nests. In the early morning, you can witness the birth of the little turtles and their journey into the sea.
In the afternoon, windsurfing fans will love the light breeze.
Located in the middle of the central peninsula in the southern Peloponnese, Gythio makes an ideal base for day trips to both sides of Peloponnese.
- Monemvasia, the Greek Gibraltar, is 75 kilometers away.
- Elafonisos, a tropical islet with amazing beaches, is 120 kilometers away.
- The Byzantine Mystras castle town is 45 kilometers away.
- Mani, a rocky towered area, is 55 kilometers away.
- The Diros Caves, neolithic caves with impressive stalactites and stalagmites, accessed by boat, are 30 kilometers away (www.mani.org).
- Kalamata, a lively seaside city with an airport and historic sites, is 100 kilometers away.
- The spectacular Taygetos mountain range, with its many trekking path routes, is not far.
Lakonia is still a largely unspoiled area away from the mass tourism routes, with a mild climate and more than 200 kilometers of coastline.
At the center of the Lakonian Gulf, Gythio is a lively, charming little harbor, with a tiny islet in front of the port, a colorful promenade with neoclassical mansions, narrow streets, and fishing boats.