"Located at the southwestern edge of Donoussa, Stavros is the main settlement and port of the island. The name of the village comes from the Church of the Holy Cross (Timiou Stavrou in Greek, with ""stavros"" meaning ""cross""). Renovated in 1902, the impressive bright white church with a blue dome dominates the center of the village. The beautiful whitewashed houses of the village are built on a hillside which starts at the little church of Saint Nikitas (altitude 60 meters) and descends to the gorgeous sandy beach with crystal clear azure waters next to the harbor. Most of the island's accommodations, restaurants, bars, and shops are concentrated in this village."
City/Village // Village
|Altitude (in meters)||:||35|
|Type of Place||:||Scenic |
|Administrative Center of||:||Municipal District|