The only entrance to the Lower City by land was built in 1708 (replacing the earlier gate of the Venetians). In front of the gate, there was a seawater moat, and a movable wooden bridge provided access to the fortified city. Today some parts of it remain.
Cultural Attraction // Monument
|Altitude (in meters)||:||20|
|Chronological Period||:||Venetian Domination|
|Duration of Visit||:||10 minutes|
Similar: Cultural Attractions
ARGOLIDA, NAFPLIEON, Municipal Division